Why Sterling 920 Terrace
The college lifestyle is all about meeting new people and learning new things – at Sterling 920 Terrace, you can do the same! Forge new relationships with a diversity of students from all over the country and become a part of a Sun Devil community that values connections. It’s an experience you won’t forget!
Lounge at our resort style pool, study in one of our eight private study areas or workout in our 3,000 square foot two-story fitness center with separate yoga and boxing areas. If you like to get fit outside, you’ll love our outdoor muscle beach.
At Sterling 920 Terrace, our friendly team delivers the extra degree of customer service to create a community living experience unlike any other!
Top 5 Reason to Live at Sterling 920 Terrace
- Our Location! The ASU campus along with a diverse selection of nightlife and restaurants are just minutes away, so there’s always somewhere you’ll want to go! Take your bike, catch the bus, or hop on the light rail- the choice is yours.
- Security is Our Priority Sterling 920 Terrace was designed and developed with safety in mind, including cameras throughout the property and monitored access points.
- Our Amenities You’ll enjoy a fully furnished home away from home decked out with luxury features such as granite counter tops, wood kitchen cabinets, private locks on bedroom doors, walk-in closets, as well as the latest hi-tech electronic access control systems.
- Management Team Sterling 920 Terrace is managed by The Dinerstein Companies, a property management firm modeled around the 212° of Service. Visit our company page to learn more!
- LEED Certification Sterling 920 Terrace is built to the standards of LEED Gold Certification. Its energy efficient design and operation limits environmental impacts and saves on utility costs.
Who is the management/owner of the community and their history?
Our residents are the cornerstone of The Dinerstein Companies and have faithfully guided our business since its founding in 1955. In 1997, we recognized the need for high-quality student housing. The Dinerstein Companies responded by forming Sterling Housing. Today, Sterling Housing is the largest off-campus student housing developer in the country. Our eco-friendly student properties are catered specifically to the college experience so students can have the perfect home away from home.
What is the company’s Mission Statement?
To do right – by our residents, our employees, our lenders, and our partners.
To improve the areas in which we work and to develop sustainable communities that endure.
To think, plan, and build for the long term.
What is a guarantor?
The term “Guarantor” in this criterion means the person that will guaranty the obligations under the terms of the lease for the resident including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities.
All guarantors must meet the following criteria:
- Rent/Earnings Ratio
- Guarantors must:
- Make 4 times the monthly rent to be approved – or –
- Have a sum no less than 12 month’s rent in an accessible bank account
- Provide proof of income/funds by paycheck stubs or bank statements
- Non‐Criminal Financial Screening
- Guarantors will be screened using a third‐party screening company to evaluate Guarantor’s credit, check‐writing history and rental history. Recommendations from the third‐party company will be returned as one of the following:
- Full Pass – Standard deposits apply (if applicable)
- Pass with Conditions – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected.
- Deny – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected. Applications which yield a Pass with Conditions or Deny recommendation from the screening company are welcome to apply with a different guarantor.
What are installments?
To simplify the billing process and allow your student to setup recurring payments of equal amounts, we divide the total cost of the rental amount into 12 equal installments. These installments are factored into the start and end dates of the lease, including proration.
For example, if a student signs for a $700 rate over 12 equal installments, the total cost of the rental amount is $8,400. The total cost of the rental amount – in this case, $8,400 – is what determines the monthly installment, not the move-in date.
The student in this example above may have a lease term of August 15th – July 31st of the following year. In this case, rather than prorate the first installment to $350 and have 11 subsequent installments billed at $731.82, the total cost of $8,400 is divided into 12 equal installments of $700 for ease of billing and setting up recurring payments at equal amounts.
Regardless of how it is billed, the total cost of the rental is $8,400 during the lease term.
Do I have to leave during school breaks?
Unlike the dorms, we do not require residents to vacate their apartments during school breaks. Your residency for the 2018-2019 lease year is August 13, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
We currently have limited availability for early move-in on July 31, 2018. Contact the office today to learn more.
What are individual leases?
Each bed in an apartment is its own lease agreement, therefore if roommates are delinquent, cause damage to their bedroom, or cancel their lease contract you will not be affected.
What do the fully furnished apartments include?
Our modern furniture package will include a couch, sofa chair, coffee table, end table, bar stools, a full-size bed frame with a memory foam mattress, mini-fridge, desk & desk chair in each bedroom.
What are the parking options?
Garage parking is available.