Why Sterling Northgate
Sterling Northgate offers the best balance of academics and social life for Texas A&M students. Located 5 blocks from the Northgate District and less than half a mile from campus, Sterling Northgate is the ideal home away from home for busy Aggies. Sterling Northgate’s inclusive community features 2 residential buildings with a shared secure parking garage and numerous unique amenity spaces, including private and group study rooms throughout the community, one of the largest private fitness centers in College Station, a private pet park, and a rooftop pool with views of Northgate and the Texas A&M campus.
With on-site social offerings tailored to the student experience, Sterling Northgate residents can maximize their time in and out of class to get the most of our their college experience.
Top 5 Reasons to Live at Sterling Northgate
- Our Location! Sterling Northgate is conveniently located adjacent to the Northgate district and within half a mile of campus!
- Security is Our Priority Sterling Northgate was designed and developed with safety in mind, including cameras throughout the property and monitored access points.
- Our Amenities Sterling Northgate offers the best mid-rise amenity package in College Station, including an interior courtyard, a rooftop pool and 4,000 sq. ft. fitness center
- Management Team Sterling Northgate is managed by The Dinerstein Companies, a property management firm modeled around the 212° of Service. Visit our company page to learn more!
- LEED Certification Sterling Northgate is built to the standards of LEED Gold Certification. Its energy efficient design and operation limits environmental impacts and saves on utility costs.
Who is the management/owner of the community and their history?
Our residents are the cornerstone of The Dinerstein Companies and have faithfully guided our business since its founding in 1955. In 1997, we recognized the need for high-quality student housing. The Dinerstein Companies responded by forming Sterling Housing. Today, Sterling Housing is the largest off-campus student housing developer in the country. Our eco-friendly student properties are catered specifically to the college experience so students can have the perfect home away from home.
What is the company’s Mission Statement?
To do right – by our residents, our employees, our lenders, and our partners.
What is a guarantor?
The term “Guarantor” in this criterion means the person that will guaranty the obligations under the terms of the lease for the resident including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities.
All guarantors must meet the following criteria:
- Rent/Earnings Ratio
- Guarantors must:
- Make 4 times the monthly rent to be approved – or –
- Have a sum no less than 12 month’s rent in an accessible bank account
- Provide proof of income/funds by paycheck stubs or bank statements
- Non‐Criminal Financial Screening
- Guarantors will be screened using a third‐party screening company to evaluate Guarantor’s credit, check‐writing history and rental history. Recommendations from the third‐party company will be returned as one of the following:
- Full Pass – Standard deposits apply (if applicable)
- Pass with Conditions – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected.
- Deny – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected. Applications which yield a Pass with Conditions or Deny recommendation from the screening company are welcome to apply with a different guarantor.
What are installments?
When making installment payments and/or other charges, you can pay online via the Resident Portal. Making a payment has never been easier!
To simplify the billing process and allow your student to set-up recurring payments of equal amounts, we divide the total cost of the rental amount into 12 equal installments. These installments are factored into the start and end dates of the lease, including proration.
For example, if a student signs for a $700 rate over 12 equal installments, the total cost of the rental amount is $8,400. The total cost of the rental amount – in this case, $8,400 – is what determines the monthly installment, not the move-in date.
The student in the example above may have a lease term of August 15th – July 31st of the following year. In this case, rather than prorate the first installment to $350 and have 11 subsequent installments billed at $731.82, the total cost of $8,400 is divided into 12 equal installments of $700 for ease of billing and setting up recurring payments at equal amounts.
Regardless of how it is billed, the total cost of the rental is $8,400 during the lease term.
Do I have to leave during school breaks?
Unlike the dorms, we do not require residents to vacate their apartments during school breaks. Your residency for the 2018-2019 lease year is August 15, 2018 through July 31, 2019.
What are individual leases?
Each bed in an apartment is its own lease agreement, therefore if roommates are delinquent, cause damage to their bedroom, or cancel their lease contract you will not be affected.
What do the fully furnished apartments include?
We’re really excited about our furniture package. Our designer furnishing option includes: controlled access, a modern furniture package that includes a couch, sofa chair, coffee table, end table, bar stools, full size bed frame and memory foam mattress in apartments, 2 under drawers, mini fridge, desk and desk chair.
What are the parking options?
Garage parking is available.