Who is the management/owner of the community and their history?
Our residents are the cornerstone of The Dinerstein Companies and have faithfully guided our business since its founding in 1955. In 1997, we recognized the need for high-quality student housing. The Dinerstein Companies responded by forming Sterling Housing. Today, Sterling Housing is the largest off-campus student housing developer in the country. Our eco-friendly student properties are catered specifically to the college experience so students can have the perfect home away from home.
What is the company’s Mission Statement?
To do right – by our residents, our employees, our lenders, and our partners.
To improve the areas in which we work and to develop sustainable communities that endure.
To think, plan, and build for the long term.
What is a guarantor?
The term “Guarantor” in this criterion means the person that will guaranty the obligations under the terms of the lease for the resident including, but not limited to, financial responsibilities.
All guarantors must meet the following criteria:
- Rent/Earnings Ratio
- Guarantors must:
- Make 4 times the monthly rent to be approved – or –
- Have a sum no less than 12 month’s rent in an accessible bank account
- Provide proof of income/funds by paycheck stubs or bank statements
- Non‐Criminal Financial Screening
- Guarantors will be screened using a third‐party screening company to evaluate Guarantor’s credit, check‐writing history and rental history. Recommendations from the third‐party company will be returned as one of the following:
- Full Pass – Standard deposits apply (if applicable)
- Pass with Conditions – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected.
- Deny – Non‐criminal factors do not meet community standards; the application is rejected. Applications which yield a Pass with Conditions or Deny recommendation from the screening company are welcome to apply with a different guarantor.
What are installments?
One of the portions, usually equal, into which a debt is divided for payment at specified intervals over a fixed period. Rental payments are accepted in installment payments specific to the chosen bed space and executed Lease Contract.
Is Sterling Northgate a gated community?
Sterling Northgate offers controlled access to the parking garage and community areas. Resident(s) receive specific information as it is related to access to and around the community which may be changed at anytime with notice. These devices are provided to function as a deterrent to unauthorized access only and are not a guarantee of safety or security.
Is there on-site management/maintenance?
Yes, On-site management and maintenance will be present during the following business hours:
Maintenance is available after office hours for maintenance emergencies only.
For all other emergencies, please contact 911 then the management team.
Residents will pay the following service fees for online payments to RealPage Payments
We feel choices are important when it comes to convenience. Therefore, we offer several payment options to suit your needs.
- ACH Transactions – $1.95 per transaction
- Visa – a flat rate (approximately 2.95% of the average rent at the site
- MasterCard/Discover – 2.95% of the transaction amount (minimum of $3.50) Rent must be paid by the 3rd of every month to avoid any late fees. Advance payments are accepted.
Rent must be paid by the 3rd of every month to avoid any late fees. Advance payments are accepted.
Do I have to leave during school breaks?
Unlike the dorms, we do not require residents to vacate their apartments during school breaks. Your residency for the 2016-2017 lease year is August 15, 2016 through July 31, 2017.
What are individual leases?
Each bed in an apartment is its own lease agreement, therefore if roommates are delinquent, cause damage to their bedroom, or cancel their lease contract you will not be affected.
What do the fully furnished apartments include?
We’re really excited about our furniture package. Our designer furnishing option includes: controlled access, leather couch, leather sofa chair, coffee table, end table, bar stools, full size bed frame and memory foam mattress in apartments, (double ups would include 2 twin beds instead), 2 under drawers, night stand, desk and desk chair.
What are the parking options?
Garage parking is available.
CONTACT US TODAY.
Sterling Northgate is located 505 University Drive College Station, TX, 77840
Call today 1.844.297.4541